Welcome to my amateur radio station DU1AU. My station is located in Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines, 18 km south of the nation’s capital, Manila. My interests include satellite communications, Morse code, and building home-brewed equipment such as antennas and automated motorized satellite tracking systems.
- HF Antenna: 40-meter band wire dipole
- Satellite Antenna: 4-element cross-Yagi VHF and 8-element cross-Yagi UHF antenna on an automated azimuth-elevation tracker
- VHF/UHF Antenna: Dual-band mobile antenna 1/4 wave VHF and 6/8 wave UHF Diamond SG7000
- Radio Transceiver: Kenwood TMV71A (full duplex VHF/UHF), Yaesu FT-2900R (VHF), Icom 718 (CW and SSB in HF), Yaesu FT60 (VHF/UHF), and Wouxun KG-UV9DE (VHF/UHF)
- Accessories: Home-brewed straight key, home-brewed electronic iambic keyer with Uni-Ham paddles, home-brewed desktop microphone using a Sony PX470 voice recorder, home-brewed TNC for APRS operation, Tokyo Hy-Power VHF/UHF amplifier with RX preamp, Air-Spy mini SDR with Air-Spy HF upverter and NooElec LNA, various regulated power supplies, a laptop, a headset, customised QSL maps, SWR/power meter, multi-meter, and a soldering station.
- Calling frequencies: 7.095 MHz (LSB), 7.102 MHz (CW), and 145 MHz (FM)
- Grid: PK04lk
The country where I live in, the Philippines, is a beautiful island nation with pristine beaches and turquoise waters. If we have made contact, I would like to receive a paper QSL card, and will send you one as well. For my mailing address, please head to my QRZ page.
Night Sky in Focus | Astronomy and Amateur Radio © Anthony Urbano | Manila, Philippines